The Mung Bean Cake is an ancient and traditional cake in China. It is usually consumed during the Dragon Boat Festival to keep the body safe and healthy. On that day, people drank rice wine, ate green bean cakes, and salted duck eggs to avoid diseases caused by the arrival of the mid-summer heat.
Mung bean is perfect for helping clear body heat, reduce acne, and detox the body. A very famous ancient Chinese pharmacologist, Li Shi Zhen (1518-1593), mentioned that “mung beans are highly recommended not only as a rich source of nutrients but also as a medicine”.
- 1 or 2 cucumber(s)
- Some garlic
- Fresh small chili
- Spring onion
- Soy sauce
- Chicken powder
- Cooking Chili sauce
- Large knife
- Small knife
- Large bowl
1. Cut garlic, spring onion and fresh small chili into tiny pieces, then put them in a large bowl
2. Put 3g salt, 5g soy sauce, 5g vinegar, 3g chicken powder, 10 chili sauce into the same large bowl (you can adjust the amount of these condiments)
3. Peel the cucumber (don’t peel all the cover, leave a little bit), then clap the cucumber a couple of times by using the big knife
4. Cut the cucumber into small pieces, then put all of them into the same big bowl
5. Finally, mix together, it tastes best when you just finish it.